Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a showroom that we can view your kitchens and other previous work?
- Do I need to make an appointment or can I just call in?
- Do you do free measure & quote for kitchens?
- What sort of other work do you do?
- Can I email you my kitchen or bathroom plans?
- Do you organise other trades?
- How much do the other trades cost?
- I’d like to make some changes to the plan for my kitchen. How do I get this done?
- I am interested in having stone bench tops in my kitchen, can you organise this for me as well?
- I am happy with the plan & quote, how do I place an order?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Once I place my order, how long will it take to get my new kitchen?
- What is QBCC and do I really need QBCC Home Warranty Insurance?
- How long will installation take?
- Are you on time?
- Will you come back if something isn’t right?
- What sort of warranty do you give?
- How do I look after my new kitchen?
- Q. Do you have a showroom that we can view your kitchens and other previous work?
Yes, we have a fully equipped modern kitchen showroom. It is open Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.00pm & other times by appointment.
- Q. Do I need to make an appointment or can I just call in?
You are welcome to call in during the above hours to view any of our modern kitchen designs, but if you need to see someone specific, please call to make an appointment.
- Q. Do you do free measure & quote for kitchens?
We have an experienced team of designers to help you achieve your dreams with their use of modern kitchen design software. There is no charge to measure & quote your kitchen. The time frame for this part of the process is usually 5 – 10 working days.
- Q. What sort of other work do you do?
We do cabinetwork for all projects, including renovations, new homes, units and schools.
- Q. Can I email you my kitchen or bathroom plans?
Yes, our email address is email@example.com. When you email your plans, please provide us with your contact details and your specifications so that we can get back to you as soon as possible. Our other contact details are on our contact us page.
- Q. Do you organise other trades?
We provide a project management service where we provide other trades and manage them for you. However, it is also okay for you to organise your own trades if you prefer.
- Q. How much do the other trades cost?
Please see our other trades guide for approximate pricing. More accurate pricing is available when we quote your job.
- Q. I’d like to make some changes to the plan for my kitchen. How do I get this done?
You can phone us and go over the changes with us or you can come in to the showroom. Depending on the number & type of changes to your kitchen, your job may need to be repriced.
- Q. I am interested in having stone bench tops in my kitchen, can you organise this for me as well?
As part of our service for you we can organise a price for stone bench tops. We supply our stone people with all the information they require to do this. We have a number of engineered stone ranges for kitchens on display. You are more than welcome to call in to the showroom to see them and choose the bench top that suits your new modern kitchen.
- Q. I am happy with the plan & quote, how do I place an order?
You can place your order for your kitchen or bathroom by phone, fax, email or in person. When you place your order we will organise a check measure & installation date & record your colour selection. We will fill out a contract and organise BSA insurance for your job if required.
We also require a 10% deposit on confirmation of the order.
Our usual payment schedule is as follows: -
- 10% Deposit
- 30% Payable on completion of satisfactory check measure
- 50% Payable on delivery of product to site
- 10% Payable on practical completion
- Q. What methods of payment do you accept?
Our preferred method of payment is direct deposit into our bank account.
We also accept cash, cheque, EFTPOS, Visa & Mastercard. Payment options and information regarding these methods are listed on the reverse side of our invoices.
- Q. Once I place my order, how long will it take to get my new kitchen?
Your kitchen will be fully customised to your requirements. A kitchen made from standard materials i.e. laminated bench tops and melamine doors will take 10 – 15 working days to manufacture.
A kitchen made from non standard materials i.e. two pack or solid timber doors will take approximately 15 – 25 working days.
We also usually have some times of year that are busier than others, so if you are planning a project, it is best to start early and get your job booked in. We can take bookings up to 3 months in advance.
- Q. What is QBCC and do I really need QBCC Home Warranty Insurance?
QBCC stands for Queensland Building & Construction Commission. It is the Queensland Government regulator of the building industry in Queensland. It is their job to improve standards, equity & confidence in the building industry. More information can be sourced by visiting the QBCC website – www.qbcc.qld.gov.au
QBCC Home Warranty Insurance provides protection against non completion of the work covered by the contract, defective construction and subsidence or settlement of the building.
QBCC Home Warranty Insurance is a statutory insurance that is required on all jobs over $3300 in value.
- Q. How long will installation take?
Installation of your new kitchen usually takes 1-2 days, but could take longer if the floor & walls are out of level or something unforseen occurs.
If you are having stone bench tops in your kitchen, these will arrive around 7 – 10 working days after the cabinets have been fitted and will be installed by the stone mason.
- Q. Are you on time?
We aim to be on time every time. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to postpone a job by one or two days. If this does happen, we will give you plenty of notice if we can. We will also try to minimise the inconvenience to you as much as possible.
- Q. Will you come back if something isn’t right?
We are very proud of our long track record in the building industry. We are also very proud to say that we don’t have many call backs to our kitchens or bathrooms. If you do have a problem and something isn’t right, just let us know and we will get it sorted out for you.
- Q. What sort of warranty do you give?
- A 7 Year Workmanship Guarantee.
- An on-time install Guarantee.
- A Manufacturer’s Board 7 Year Guarantee.
- A Manufacturer’s Hardware Lifetime Guarantee.
- There is a 7 year limited warranty on most of the materials we use in the manufacture of your cabinets within your kitchen or bathroom.
- There is a “Lifetime” warranty on the Blum & H’A’Fele hardware used. Just to clarify things, “Lifetime” means the lifetime of the kitchen which is usually 15 years.
- We also warrant that all materials will be good & suitable for the purpose for which they are used and unless otherwise stated in the contract, all materials used in the work will be new.
- We will comply with all relevant laws.
- The work will be carried out in an appropriate & skilful way and with reasonable care.
- The work will be carried out in accordance with the plans & specifications.
- The detached house or dwelling will be suitable for occupation when the work is finished.
- The work will be carried out with reasonable diligence.
- Where applicable, provisional sums will be calculated with reasonable care and skill.
In addition to this we warrant that the works & materials supplied are free of defects at the time the works are completed. We do not have to fix any problem caused by misuse, abuse, wear & tear, normal shrinkage or movement, equipment made by others or any defect in, or problem caused by work, materials or equipment supplied by you.
If at any time you claim the works are defective, you must tell us as soon as possible, preferably in writing. If we accept responsibility, we have the right to fix the defect.
- Q. How do I look after my new kitchen?
For general care & maintenance, most spills can be wiped away with warm, mild soapy water and a soft cloth. For more specific care & maintenance, please refer to the Laminex website – www.laminex.com.au or if you have stone bench tops please refer your enquiry to your stone mason.